Sunday Parking – Please read carefully
SUNDAY — HOTO’s Sunday parking and drop off situation is greatly different from Saturday’s. This information immediately below pertains to drop-offs; please read the rest of the content for more information about the other policies.
DROP-OFFs ONLY: You may drop off your coxswain, rower or spectator at the Van Thompson lot (please see the map) before 10am. From the Van Thompson lot, OBC has arranged for a regularly running intra-park shuttle to take your dropped-off person to the regatta site about a mile away. If you would like to personally drive farther than Van Thompson, without the team pass your person’s team has been granted, you will be charged $20 for parking… BUT… If you drop off your person closer to the event site and return to Van Thompson checkpoint and leave the park to go on to Vulcan (further south off Ox Road by about 3 miles) you will be refunded your $20 parking fee. Please explain your situation to the parking attendant at Van Thompson and they will be able to assist you.
- FREE Parking and Shuttle Service at the Vulcan Quarry (10000 Ox Rd, Lorton, VA 22079). As you travel south on Ox Rd, TURN RIGHT AT THE LIGHT WITH THE SIGN INDICATING VULCAN.
- Authorized vehicles only may park at Sandy Run Regional Park
- All teams will be issued four (4) parking passes to allow access to Sandy Run Regional Park on Sunday. These passes are for coaches, team tent coordinators, and other personnel that need to park onsite.
- Team Chuck Wagons and Utility Trailers are permitted into Sandy Run regional Park for unloading and loading only; all trailers must be parked at Vulcan Quarry or any other legal offsite parking.
- FCPD will be enforcing traffic at the park.
- After 10am:
- Sandy Run Regional Park will be open for vehicle parking
- Parking Rates:
- No charge for buses, team vans carrying 12 occupants or more, and car toppers.
- $20.00 for vehicles with 1-11 occupants
- Shuttles within the Park: Free shuttles are offered from the upper parking lots to Lots C & D at Sandy Run Regional Park (See Map).